Brown Rice Cakes
4 large egg whites
3 cups cooked brown rice
1 tablespoons chopped finely chopped spring onion
1 teaspoon nigella seeds or black sesame seeds
salt & pepper to season
Coconut oil to cook
1. Whisk egg whites in a bowl until they start to get white, fluffy and firm but not stiff.
2. Stir in rice, spring onion, seeds and seasoning. Heat a frypan.
3. Drop in ½ teaspoon of coconut oil and spread it around.
4. Use a dessert spoon to drop the rice batter into the hot pan, use the back of a spoon to shape into flat cakes.
5. Cook until crisp and golden, approx. 3 mins.
6. Flip and cook the other side for about 1 min.
7. Repeat process with remaining oil and batter.