Rice Rice Baby
1 cup The Whole Foodies Jasmine or Basmati Rice
1 head broccoli
1 cup fresh basil
¼ cup chopped spring onion
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
1 tbs The Whole Foodies Olive Oil
1 garlic clove
1. Place rice and 1 3/4 cups water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir, then reduce heat and cover the pot. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. Cut the head of broccoli in half. Chop one half into small florets.
3. Stir broccoli through the rice after 10 minutes cooking. Cook for another 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
4. While rice is cooking, place the remaining ingredients plus 2 tablespoons water into a blender and whizz to make a thick paste. Stir the green mix through the broccoli rice and serve.
Sesame Shiitake Jasmine Rice
2 cups dried shiitake mushrooms
1 tbsp The Whole Foodies Coconut Sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup The Whole Foodies Jasmine Rice, rinsed well
3 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
1 spring onions, cut into 2-inch-long pieces, thinly sliced lengthwise
¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
2 tablespoons pickled ginger, finely sliced
1. Cover the shiitake with water, stir in the sugar and allow the mushrooms to soften. Drain and reserve soaking liquid.
2. Place rice in a medium saucepan. Measure mushroom liquid and add water to make 1 ½ cups.
3. Add to rice. Cook rice over high heat until it come stop the boil, then turn heat to low and cover the rice. Cook for approx. 15 mins or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Serve warm, topped with a little more spring onion, sesame and ginger.
Spring Vegetable Rice
2 cups The Whole Foodies Basmati Rice
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 tsp salt
1 tbs The Whole Foodies Coconut Oil
1 cup sliced zucchini
½ cup frozen peas
1 bunch asparagus, chopped
2 tbs fresh mint, chopped
2 tbs fresh coriander, chopped
½ a pickled jalapeno chilli
2 tbs toasted hazelnuts
1. Place rice, lemon juice, half the lemon zest, salt and 3 cups water in a medium saucepan and stir.
2. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and cover pot with lid.
3. Cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
4. Heat a frypan, add coconut oil and when it is hot, add the zucchini, peas, chilli and asparagus. Cook, stirring, until the veggies are bright green and still have a crunch.
5. Stir the veggies through the rice.
6. Serve warm garnished with mint, coriander and hazelnuts.