Crunchy Ginger Rice Balls
2 tbsp grated and peeled fresh ginger
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp coarse salt
2 cups The Whole Foodies Jasmine or Basmati Rice
½ cup sesame seeds
1. Bring ginger, sugar, salt, and 2 ½ cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; boil 2 minutes.
2. Stir in rice; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook until most water is absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 7 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.
4. Take tablespoon sized portions of rice and roll into balls.
5. Roll balls in sesame seeds.
6. Heat sunflower oil in a medium sized saucepan.
7. Drop balls into hot oil and cook for 3 mins until golden.
8. Allow to cool slightly before eating.